Thursday, September 2, 2010

We're There!




Our room w/walk-in closet...still doesn't fit all of our clothes
baby's room

dining room/kitchen


private stair entrance
birg cleaning away...doing the mom thing that she does :)
                                            
jon trying to get that darn wall unit started.  sooo HOT in this house!!

cleared out enough space to try to find a place to sleep

dropping off at the airport. poop.

lake michigan



Actual Occurring Date: August 14-16
So here it is. Our apartment.  We all arrived Saturday night.  Dad, Birgitta and I went to eat at Olive Garden while waiting for the boys to arrive.  The boys finally got here at about 1030p. The ward mission leader graciously opened his doors to his house to give us room & board for the night.  The next day we unloaded the truck and had some help from other dental students as well.  So we are now in a town called Cedarburg.  30 minutes North of Milwaukee.  Apparently it is the vacation spot for Wisconsinites.  Downtown could be best described as historical shops and restaurants.  You can find bikers, walkers, rollerbladers, runners, dogs everywhere! It's very laid back here.  Quiet, relaxing, what have you.  When you drive through the city elsewhere, it's very green, open, farms, golf courses etc.  I like it here other than the muggy, overcast, hot weather, oh and yeah, the mosquitoes!!  But uh, we live by the community pool (sweet for me, love swim time) and a nice park with ponds that house geese, cranes and cute frogs sitting on their lily pads.  We are also fairly close to Lake Michigan which looks like the ocean and beach so at least i live by a fake ocean?! not bad.
Oh man, I don't have the pictures we took of all of us going to the beach.  hopefully dad and birg will send my some copies.  I will just post some that Dane took when he came here before.  So in conclusion...Dad, Birg, & Jon stayed Sunday and toured campus, milwaukee, lake, and cedarburg and sadly left on Monday morning.  It was not fun watching them leave.  But I guess they have lives to return to. shucks.

2 comments:

Alicia Smith said...

I'm excited you have a blog! It looks like you are living in a really nice area. I hope you really enjoy it there. When does Dane start classes?

Becca and Brian said...

Fun blog! I'm still jealous you have new carpet and leno! Call me if you want to go baby shopping I'm always down with browsing when our hubbies are at school.