Who would have thunk it that a friend I grew up with since elementary school, and who lived just down the street from me in Provo, Ut would have ended up living 2 hours from us clear out here in the midwest? Well I was excited to hear that Garren & Calee Giles were not so far from our place and Dane & I were thrilled to go down to Machesney Park, Il for a couple of days to visit them.
On our way down, just by the border of Wisconsin/Illinois, I mentioned to Dane that I hadn't felt Jada much all night and all day. Which is strange, since she was always doing gymnastics in my belly. So I started to feel uneasy about it and wanted to call Birgitta to see if it was something to scare about. She told me to call my doctor, so I gave the on-call Dr a call and he recommended that we go to the hospital where i was going to deliver in Milwaukee. Well, that would have been an hour back up north, i wasn't sure what to do. Dane said we should just go to the nearest hospital which was 10 min away just to check it out. So that's what we did. We went to the ER and the nurse found a strong heartbeat and monitored it for about 20 minutes. She asked us a few questions and cleared us saying everything was fine. Whoa, what a relief! I can't even explain the relief I felt when I heard that heartbeat, she had me really worried. Since then, Jada has found a new & more spacious spot and has returned to her gymnastics :) Quite a detour from our initial destination, we headed back towards the Giles.
I forgot to take my camera out of my suitcase to take pictures, I am not so great at picture taking as Birgitta is. But uh, Loved their house and cute Halloween decorations already up! We were able to meet their two sons Aiden & Nathan. I think they both look just like Calee! It was fun to catch up. We watched a movie, spent the night, and the next day watched the yet again horrible BYU game against Florida St. Someday we will be a phenomenal team...We had a great time seeing Calee & Garren and their family. They all look great, seem very happy, and are doing well! It's nice to have friends/"family" so close :)
Fall 2012
13 years ago

3 comments:
Glad everything is ok!
Yes, quite a scare! I was on my toes until you called back....I can't wait to meet that baby girl!
Glad everything turned out ok! Can you believe we are going to have our babies soon!!! I have 4 weeks and 2 days left. I'm freaking out here! So glad you started a blog so I stalk you :) I hope you are enjoying yourselves out there. It looks beautiful!
Post a Comment