Dane's parents flew into town to be a part of orientation & the white coat ceremony. It was great to have them visiting for a week. The orientation started out with a welcoming to dental students class of 2014. They gave us a tour of the school and we sat through presentations. They fed us food also, which i thought was a nice touch :)
| front of Marquette Dental School |
| Dane's Simulation Lab |
The rest of the week was designated for just the students so Dane had to be at school all week while we went out and about. We walked around downtown Cedarburg, looked at shops, ate, got some chocolates and perhaps the best snickers covered candied apple i have ever had in my life!
We did a lot of shopping :) and spent some time on the coast of Lake Michigan.
We decided to go look at the last covered bridge in Cedarburg as well.
We also attended the Mexican Fiesta Festival that was going on in Milwaukee. Everyone was a good sport about it and were kind enough to let me go. There was food, music, dancers, markets, etc. This sounds all real exciting, but it wasn't that terribly exciting...just a carnival really. I still had a lot of fun and got a cute dress for Jada at one of the markets. I gave this little Mexican lady $20 for a $12 dress...she in turn gave me $35! Sweet! apparently you earn money as a costumer at these kind of markets! As tempting as it was to just run with the dough/dress, i knew better..haha just kidding. I kept trying to explain to the lady what was going on, and she kept insisting that this was the right change. Dane & I finally said, just give us $8 back...that's it, no more! She did what she was told and we were on our way. Funny lady.
Oh, we did see that there was a car show as well going on, so Dane wanted to hop onto that train. We were all disappointed it was a cholo car show except for Dane. He was so enthralled in it all. It took us forever to get out of there. We zipped on through and waited for Dane at the end. I had to take some pictures of the cars though, I thought they were hilarious and figured Matthew or Daniel would enjoy them!
I also thought this was funny, Kim leaned over to me and asked, "What would Birgitta have to say to this?" (referring to the cholo car show) I just laughed..later I responded, "I am not sure WHAT she would say, but I am sure she would have SOMETHING & plenty to say!"
| after enjoying our tortas and tacos |
Last but not least, we attended Dane's White Coat Ceremony that they perform every year for the new dental students and they receive their Doctor's coats. It was great being there to support Dane. He is going to be one heck of a student and one excellent Dentist! We are all proud of his accomplishments!
| Dane is in the 2nd row from the top, right in the middle, right below that giant. |
| friends Dane made the moment he said "hello" |
| The wives |



1 comment:
Love your post. It's nice to see you smile and Dane looks nice in that white coat!
HAHA on the cholo car show...........I'm speechless really, absolutely speechless! yeah right!
Post a Comment