Friday, September 3, 2010

2 Year Anniversary!

Actual Date: Aug 22
Well, like i tell Dane...it feels like we have been married longer than that! but in a good way :)  Hope he hasn't regretted it, he was warned :) We decided to drive down to Chicago. Probably about 2 hour drive from Cedarburg.  Ha, and of course we got there and really had no idea where to go.  You see, we forgot to kind of plan this trip out.  We were completely wingin' it. So we cruised around downtown for a bit and found a parking garage near the Millennium park.  We got out and started walking.  Hmmm...what sounded like fun?  We were hungry, so we decided to try a dog.  We walked aimlessly trying to find a dog. Found a sign that said "American Dogs" and said, that sounds good.  Now most people go fancy on their dogs, of course I couldn't venture out...just had good ol' mustard and ketchup...although i did try a little thing that was new to me, melted cheese with it.  Not bad.  Onward and forward.

We then decided, well, where's that Sears Tower?  Let's go see that.  You would think that you could spot it but uh, come to find out, all the buildings in Chicago are tall.  Couldn't see a darn thing.  So I called my mapquest, my Dad.  He was very helpful on this trip.  He looked it up on the internet and gave us directions on how to get there.  He then laughed at me when I said we planned nothing out and we are just walking our way around the city.  Luckily Sears was only about 1 mile away.  Good, because walking around with this huge belly is harder than it looks!  We got there without getting lost and decided to go to the sky deck.
We got in line.  We were excited that it was moving fairly quickly.  Then found out it was just the security line, then we hopped into the next line, that was to get our tickets.  That didn't go quite as fast.  I thought we were clear after that.  Oh no...then came the line we had to hop into to watch a short documentary film on Sears tower.  Super, great...now we are in the clear...ha, you wish.  We hopped into another line that was just to get into the elevators that shot you up to the top floor.  The building was hot, no air coming into that basement, the line was centimetering it's way, my feet hurt because i weigh bajillion of pounds, getting a little claustrophobic.  Ha walla, we make it to the elevators!  They jam packed us in there and boy i felt like i couldn't breathe and it felt like eternity getting up there.  We rejoiced as we unloaded that can of sardines!  I have to say, it was a pretty site.  Beautiful views.  We saw those glass view boxes that hang on the outside of the tower and had to go try it out.  Dane got in nervously but conquered his fear.  Me on the other hand chickened out a lot quicker than I thought I would.  I shimmied my way across that wall trying to make my way into that box...I got a foot out there...tapped it...and ran.  No way, not in this lifetime.  A helicopter flew by the window too.  That was cool.  Well, we did our thing and guess what...got in another line to go back down the elevators.  I was all lined out.
Sears Tower, oh and a big face in the corner
  



Dane, very proud of himself for getting out there

Are you kidding me? People are so casual about this!
Got a tap in.  Good for me. 
Then I got to thinkin', you probably don't want to wear a skirt in here ;)
So let's end this long story, we then wanted dinner and I called my mapquest to get the nearest pizza place to get a deep dish.  Down the street!  super :)  So we ate a double stuffed, deep dish, Chicago pizza.  It was huge and it was delicious!  I was so full my belly button was going to pop into an outie.  Good thing we had a mile or so to walk back to our car.  That was our fun trip to Chicago, I would go back in a heartbeat.  Fun place.


1 comment:

Birgitta said...

I love that big face in the corner!

I don't think I would have been able to step on the platform either. Goo!