Thursday, October 28, 2010

Temple Trip


Dane is serving in the young men's presidency in our ward. Yesterday they planned a trip to the Chicago Temple for the deacons and beehives to perform baptisms for the dead. We left the church at 4:30 to try to make it there by 6:30/7:00.  Traffic was tight and the wind was gusty to say the least, but we made it safely!  It was our first time being to that temple. The temple worker even asked, raise your hand if this is your first time being here. I raised my hand with a bunch of 12 year olds.  I felt a little silly and sheepish after I realized what he meant by that question.  Think Denise! Think!
We didn't get a lot of time to roam around the temple grounds so I didn't get any pictures, but the temple was gorgeous! We had a great time there and we are excited to come back again. The leaders and kids went out to eat afterwards, it was 10:00pm by then and we were all starving since we didn't eat dinner.
It was a long drive back home for a pregnant lady, no more road trips for me until this baby comes out!  

1 comment:

Birgitta said...

think denise think......that's awesome! that really made me smile! here you are 9 months pregnant raising your hand.....first time huh? so stinking funny! glad you had a good time!