Thursday, October 28, 2010

No Corn Mazes. The Next Best Thing?

!
It was really dark that night. sorry
 I have spent countless hours trying to find a corn maze around here.  They are either hours away (and who knows if they are even good or worth it) or they are tiny, and close at 5 or 6!!  I guess they were probably meant for kids? Maybe I am a kid for wanting to go through one? I don't know, but they seem to be the big thing to do in Utah around Halloween! So I'm not that crazy!
So Dane & I decided to go with something not too scary for him and skipped the haunted houses and opted for a haunted lit hike along side of the beach.  Sounds like fun, no?  We saddled up for a short drive with our home-made hot chocolate in our thermos just excited to get out of the house for once :) We found our way and the scenario looked great, just perfect. It was foggy out, with the moon covered, middle of nowhere, and set in a dark woodsy area.  Spooky for sure.
Just enjoy Dane

We got our trailer ride down to the beach side and hopped in line to go on a hike. Well, i don't know what it is with us and lines but man we get the worse ones! We stood and stood some more.  Moved about an inch every 5 minutes. Oh and did I mention that I have never seen so many children in my life going to a haunted thing? Is that normal? Oh I thought it was funny, but the guy behind me chomping on his gum looked just like the guy on "sword in the stone". It took me awhile to figure out where I had seen him before, and then it dawned on me.
The character on the right.  Hahaha
So about a hour and a half passes by and we are getting close to the entrance.  We finally get on with the hike. It started out spooky until we started coming across the spookers. Ha, they were all ages 6-14. Yeah, that's right..I couldn't believe it either.  So needless to say it was not scary at all and lasted about 10 minutes. It reminded me of a time when my friend Linley and I went to a haunted house in American Fork and there was a sign outside that said "PLEASE DON'T ASK FOR A REFUND". The rest speaks for itself.
Well, we decided that was it for us, we headed home. We still had a good time. Dane was just relieved it didn't end up scary AND I decided I am coming back to this beach when summer rolls around!

1 comment:

Birgitta said...

I love reading your posts. you make me laugh! and the sword in the stone guy...haha that made me chuckle!