Thursday, October 14, 2010

HALLOWEEN TIME!!

I don't know about you, but Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.  I love the fall time and festivities that come with it.  I started off this time of the year by carving some pumpkins! We went over to our friends house, the Cantus, only to find out they or at least Wally, hasn't carved a pumpkin before!! What?!  So it was quite exciting for him and I think they had a good time.  He even said that he is going to start doing this every year! I'm glad I could help out ;) Poor Connie was practically carving through cement her pumpkin was so hard and she just watched and cringed as we destroyed her kitchen with pumpkin slime everywhere!  
Wally is also a first year dental student, and he and his wife happen to be from Othello Washington right near where Dane is from.  They happen to know a lot of the same people.  I swear Dane knows the world.  These two met at the interviewing part of the dental school application process.  They also just had a baby girl, and of course she is adorable.  The poor thing was born with hip dysplasia, just like me, and has to be in a brace for about 3 months.  She seems to be doing well though.  We really like the Cantus, they are always in such great moods and are a lot of fun to be around.  It's too bad they don't live closer! 
Well, next project...halloween sugar cookies and maybe a corn maze :)
Wally was trying to make an attacking face, I thought it was funny, maybe not?


That's pretty much how far Dane got that night,
and actually his pumpkin is still sitting on the porch not done.
It's supposed to be a bat and say "happy halloween"

That's mine.  If you can't tell, it's a scary clown.
I thought I would do something that truly scares me

We all used stencils but uh Wally here just eyeballed it from his iphone.
Turned out really good!
(It's a wolf howling at the moon)

Connie, still mad at her rock hard pumpkin.
She was trying to do a princess crown for her baby girl,
but didn't get much further than a little etching.
I felt bad.  Bigger pumpkin next time, I guess.

1 comment:

Birgitta said...

Oh, we are going to miss you this Halloween. I haven't planned anything with the family which means we are doing nothing! I feel so sad there is no party!

I'm so thrilled you have enjoyed your friends! One more month and I will be there!