Saturday, December 3, 2011

We got our gobble on

THANKSGIVING!!!  Dane's parents flew in to be with us during Thanksgiving.  We LOVED their company and it was so sad to see them leave.  We love it when they can come and visit.  I feel bad because Jada was not doing so hot during their stay and was extremely grumpy.  It was very similar to last Thanksgiving when they came, except for I was sick too last year.  Two grumps last year, so maybe it was a tad better this time!
We had a great time just hanging out and chatting.  We were fed very well and I didn't have to cook until Thanksgiving day.  I did mess up a few things, made pumpkin pie but mid poor i realized I was putting sweetened condensed milk in instead of evaporative milk...I about died...Kim assured me it would turn out just fine, and it did...sweeter, but still delicious.  Then I forgot to defrost the rolls so with the help of Kim's improvisation, we did the quickest method we could to bake them, they didn't rise much :)  We had our meat, rolls, and stuffing all in the oven at the same time...crazy.  It's terrible that there is a lot of preparation into dinner and it only take 5 minutes to eat it! Shame.
Grandma & Grandpa brought Jada a singing snowman and barking dog.
She loves this thing and she loves that she can turn it on and off herself
I will have to get a good video of her playing with it.  So cute.

1 comment:

Birgitta said...

Isn't that the truth about how quickly we eat our food! We had a good time here too. We missed you. Can't wait to see you in less than two weeks!!!!!!