Monday, November 14, 2011

The Crafster

So everyone I know here does crafts but me.  It has never been my thing, well until I couldn't do the things I love anymore...now I see why moms turn to crafting!  They are home all day and need something to do (at least that is the case for me).  So thanks to the newest craze, Pinterest, I have ventured out into attempting to learn a new skill, crafting :)  Here are a few things I have made for Jada.  I have to say I couldn't wait to be done the moment I started haha...no patience!

Inspiration: Coffee Filter Peonies
I decided to make them for Jada's vase, I had another arrangement in there that I didn't like so I decided to fix it.  I made 3 pink/white ones and 2 white ones...the rest of the bouquet are flowers from Michaels
Some turned out better than others through trial and error. I used the ugly ones anyways
Inspiration: Coffee Filter Pom Pom
I hung these in Jada's Room. 
I chose to do three different styled poofs.
glad these are done!
many burned tips of fingers later and many dying sessions :)

Inspiration: Felt Christmas Tree
I cut and decorated each individual ornament, glueing stripes and polka dots, etc.
This was actually the funnest to do.


Oh and I did this with my friend Brittney, she was my inspiration :)  
















6 comments:

Birgitta said...

Yeah! You have come to the crafting side....you crochet and everything! All the flowers turned out cute. I actually can't tell which ones are the Michaels flowers! The poofs are adorable too. I think they match perfectly.

And the tree - is that for Jada to play with? Cute!

Dane and Denise said...

yeah the tree is for her to play with, it's not decor :) haha.

Becky said...

You didn't take a picture of your stockings... For not being crafty you sure are talented. Good job Denise!

Dad said...

Huh???? What has happened to you?

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

I love it! and I am SO looking forward to Hobby to the Lobby this afternoon! I want to see the stockings too!

Tyler and Clancee said...

You are way more crafty than you give yourself credit for. These are darling! Teach me!