Saturday, November 6, 2010

Welcome Home!


Getting ready for the drive home
It started out a little challenging trying to figure out this breastfeeding business, but the nurses/lactation specialist said that Jada and I were doing really well.  Jada was able to get her fill, but she still got frustrated and would scream in the process.  I think she wanted it to come easy, just like me. After getting a hang of it, my milk came in and she didn't like that. I won't go into details.  So along with other things that aren't so pleasant that come along with breastfeeding, I decided to buy a pump and make it simpler on both of us.  She took to it like a charm. I haven't heard her cry ever since.  She eats, sleeps, and poops. She is very alert when she is awake and is content no matter what she is doing.


We also went to the Pediatrician for her first check up on Friday.  She didn't lose any weight, and everything looks great and very healthy! The Doctor said that she is very aware of her surroundings.

Grandma and Jada
My Mom flew in on Tuesday when I got discharged from the hospital, she has been the best company anyone could ever ask for.  I told her I feel like she lives just a few minutes away and I can stop by anytime. Boy do I wish that were true! Mom has been SUPER helpful.  Cooking us great Mexican food, cleaning like crazy, eating all my gummy worms and apple pie (shame on her), feeding, getting up at night, holding, playing with Jada. I wish she didn't have to leave so soon : (



I can't wait to fly home to Provo so that she can meet everyone.  I miss everyone at home.
As far as I go...I have been recouping well. I do have lower back pains that radiate sharp pains especially when on my feet a lot, sitting or lying down. It was where the epidural was. It is better managed when I take my pain medication/anti-inflammatories, but I hope this isn't a permanent thing. It got so bad one night at around 2:00 am that Dane rushed me to the hospital. The pain subsided when we got there, I was annoyed being there really.  There was nothing they could do for me, I had medicine for it already, so I asked to just leave and we did.  Other than that, I am doing great, sleeping well for the time being since Mom is here helping.

Dane is at school most of the day and is so happy when he gets to come home to see the baby. He absolutely adores Jada and wants to kiss on her and play. He hates it that she is sleeping most of the time. She is definitely Daddy's little girl!

Binkies drive me crazy,
but was useful to calm her screaming.
Luckily she doesn't use it much anymore

3 comments:

Birgitta said...

Thanks for the updated pictures. I have been checking every day hoping for new ones! She is beautiful and I can't wait to smell her.....6 more days and I'm there!

Dane and Denise said...

you are quick!
I have another short one and a video. it's not terribly exciting video, but it's nice just to see the baby in motion...ya know?

Alicia Smith said...

Jada certainly is adorable!