Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring Break/Easter/Animal friends

I am sooooo behind on the blog.  Our photos on our computer needed to get backed up and erased before I could download anymore.  We finally got to it, so I am basically going to be purging out photos until I'm caught up.

SPRING BREAK
Dane had a moment of peace from school in March.  We took off to Door County to spend some time at The Rushes Resort.  Not much to do during the Winter but boy did I enjoy being away anyways! We spend a lot of time in Sturgeon Bay.
Maritime Museum
Pirate Section

Bailey's Harbor Lighthouse
 So for one of our days we decided to drive about 30-45 min from where we were staying to visit a lighthouse only to find this in the way of our car and the lighthouse.  Apparently it's on an island and we would have to trek on foot to go see it.  With two kids? No snow boots on? Forget it, nice trip anyway. phfft (sarcasm).  We then drove another 30 min to redeem our trip and go to a family fun center.  We arrived, the building was open but everything was pitch black.  We heard voices but it seemed as if the owners were just hanging out.  Bizarre.  Ok, so we drove another 30 min to redeem our redeemed trip and just go bowling or something.  The alley was closed, so we went to another one.  Uh, it was in an old beat up bar.  Nobody was there, they hadn't cleaned the place in at least 20 years...to my surprise, Dane buys a drink! Are you crazy?! Could have bug feces in it for all we know!   Oh and to top it off, you had to keep your own score.  Who knows how to do that? I mean really.
that's 2 pins for Dad, 9 for Jada
 Tour of our place
Jada would flip out if she saw Sadie holding her baby. tehe
Jada wanted to be my picture model for the tour
saw one of these huge wood peckers.  It was gorgeous
Other than that, we went swimming, played bingo, went swimming, went to the YMCA to swim some more.  That's about it. Told you there was nothing to do.  Better to go during the summer for sure.

EASTER
We did an easter egg hunt in our town.  Thought it was going to be a warm day, got there and the ground was covered in frozen snow with a nice brisk breeze filling the air! Darn it! Jada was terrified of the man strolling around playing the easter bunny.  Nothing new, but Jada bursted into tears screaming and trying to climb my leg to safety.  She eyed that bunny down the entire time.  She didn't want to grab eggs after that, but after a little bit of forcing she went to town.  Next day dyed eggs and did a hunt indoors.
tried a pinterest dying technique with shaving cream. Did not work
"Gotta get this while I can"
I did not teach her that
ANIMAL FRIENDS
I've said it once and I'll say it again...I absolutely love our wild life here in Wisconsin.  Here are some pictures of our visitors that we love to see out our window.  Not pictured are the squirrels that we constantly feed our stale bread to (thanks to grandma ware).  Wild rabbit, fox, red cardinals.  LOVE


2 comments:

Birgitta said...

I was wondering when you were going to post again. Nice to see an update. I feel like I don't know what's going on over there! Cute baby Sadie...and Jada sure does have a great scowl! Reminds me of Celeste!

Becky said...

Sturgeon Bay looks so fun! And I can't believe all the snow you had on Easter! I love all the pictures. You look fantastic Denise!