Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween

We started our Halloween season by heading to the pumpkin patch to grab our pumpkins.  It was a cold, wet day and we were the only ones there.  
Jada insisted she pulled the pumpkins and she did it with ease!! I was amazed.
Then comes the carving.  Jada didn't really care for getting dirty, but eventually couldn't help herself
Jada's pumpkin went moldy so we just had to throw it out.
Mine:Mummy face
Dane's: Ghost coming out of a coffin
Our town does trick or treating around the neighborhood on the Saturday before halloween.  I took Jada out while Dane stayed with the baby.  Jada saw some really spooky characters out there and couldn't help but cry and jump in my arms.  They then do a Pumpkin Walk downtown on Halloween night.  Dane took Jada then, but went a little late and missed a lot of the candy.  She loved it anyways!
She got real cold and gave up.  Don't blame her, it was cold.
She came home and first thing she said to Dane was, "CANDY!"
Trick or Treating Downtown.  Even colder! 
We also did a Halloween themed dinner with our Dental friends, Clancee, Tyler, and Hugh Whiting.
We love them.  Jada adores Miss Clancee.
What's for Dinner?
Drink-Toxic Waste: Pinterest inspiration
Mine: NAILED IT! 
It had to be renamed to Witch's Brew ;)
Dessert: Rat & Bones
 Side Dish- Mummies wrapped in a blanket
 Main Dish-Rice Stew in a pumpkin, well sort of, the pumpkin almost made it
 The Decorations by Denise and Jada :)
This is Jada's Halloween outfit Grandma Ware bought her last year.  It's been stored until this moment...from the mouth of Jada, "TADA"




2 comments:

Birgitta said...

Love the post! I laughed hard at your "nailed it!" Stupid pinterest!

That Jada looks so grown up. I love that outfit too. It's adorable on her.

And Denise you are lookin good! :)

And I love your mummy pumpkin. Very cool. We sort of forgot to carve pumpkins this year. The kids are bummed!

The rat looks cool! And the mummy dogs are fun! Great job on the food!

Oh and that picture of Jada in front of your door.......she looks exactly like you!

I need to see more Sadie pictures! Keep up the posts. I miss them!!

Becky said...

Looks fun. I thought of Jada on Halloween. Hope she had a happy birthday!