Friday, June 24, 2011

Matthew & Mom Visit! Part 1

Almost done playing catch up!  This is the latest...Matthew & Mom flew home with me to Wisconsin to visit for 2 weeks.  Hope they weren't sick of me yet!  We did MANY things while they were here.  Matthew had the travel bug.  Here is just a few:
Port Washington Lighthouse
It was stormy that day with waves crashing in. We didn't make it all the way. 
Too scary, I was screaming like a little school girl!

Hike to Lake Michigan overlook

Cheese Market

Safehouse Restaurant-Travel Channel Extreme Bathrooms
we walked around for quite awhile as I had Dave on the phone as my mapquest.  We just couldn't find this place, the address didn't exist...or did it?  Dave said, It's right by Cousin subs.  I said, "great, we are at cousin subs, let me walk around it...umm..Dave I am looking right at this building by cousin subs and I see nothing."  "oh there's a door with no sign on it, maybe it's...nope never mind, it's locked."  After twirling around for awhile trying to figure out my directions I decided to ask a bunch of guys in an alleyway where this restaurant was...It was in that very alleyway...TADA! still didn't see a sign though, it was kind of trippy.
We entered into this SMALL room. There was nothing there but scary paintings, old phone operating machine and this. My mom was CREEPED OUT! She wanted to bail. I was curious. After standing there for awhile, the bookcase opened up into a dark tunnel (secret passageway). My Mom was REALLY ready to scram. We were laughing soooo hard at her. We inched our way through not knowing what was going on or what to expect. We end up at a mirror just reflecting back at us!? What the? Where are we? I admit, I was staring to get creeped out.  Finally another secret door opens up, we made it!
Mom about peed her pants! Too Hilarious! We later saw that everyone gets to watch what you do they have TV's up of us! 
My Mom was just posing with this door when she accidentally pulled this trap door opened.
The dummy on the other side spooked her silly.

One side is a mirror but then becomes see through when the light is turned on in the bathroom.  Same thing happens in the bathroom, it becomes a mirror when the light is off, but can see through to the restaurant when the light is on.

St. John's Cathedral
After dinner we walked our way to the Catholics Cathedral
St. Matthew

Lake Michigan Pier & Museum

Man we took a lot of pictures..This is taking too long to post.  












2 comments:

Dane and Denise said...

you can leave a comment now without having to sign in. just click on 'anonymous' under 'comment as' tab.

Birgitta said...

watching the you tube video helped explain the restaurant a bit!

I think I would have bailed with mom....i got nervous for you just to ask a bunch of guys in the alley!